Friday, August 30, 2013

Does Popular Culture have to make me Happy

 Popular Culture I learned it was knowing what war was going on when the TV show MASH was on TV, or who a football player was that I had never seen, I DO NOT watch football!  Show me David Beckham and we can talk, so I guess popular culture is different to everyone. We can all choose how much it influences us or our family. We can choose whether we really want to see Miley Cyrus in latex, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMKPnyDIhS0.  Where did the old Miley go? 

I am still at odds with how it influences and makes me happy, those to me are choices that do not necessarily revolve around the word popular.  I know what I like and choose those things, whether as some like to say Everyone is doing it or not!  I do admit I saw Halle Berry in a pair of Genetic Denim jeans, and I did track them down and buy the same pair!  Cooking makes me happy so I use Google to find new and great tasting recipes.  There is a Cooking channel so does that mean it is Popular Culture?  Then there is Pinterest, my go to for putting things together.  It is my stress reliever, and all my friends and I post the outfits we like, want and need.  So once again I fell into it!  Manners seem to have left Popular Culture but having them, using them, and teaching them to my children make me happy!  Too bad Morals and Values don't creep back into popularity.  So no matter how at odds I am I have to admit the influence, and I have fallen to the odds; what is next will I get a lobotomy and start watching the Kardashians? 

1 comment:

  1. Well, the new Miley got older and wanted to be the furthest from Hanna Montana as possible to make it clear she's no longer a child haha. She's a weirdo! Even though Halle Berry is a celebrity I could see myself wanting something she wears or is a spokesperson for just because of her right for the paparazzi to back off celebrity children. No one would want that attention to their children. And I think David Beckham is nice to look at as well :-)

    ReplyDelete