Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My dream guy, according to Chuck Klosterman!

So, since supposedly I will never be satisfied by my partner due to the build up of expectations set forth by media and fake couples; what do I have to look forward to? Reality? Is the relationship that I wanted mine to be like nothing but a fake, a glass house that I saw no reality of what was really going on?  Was it manufactured, so I never really saw the problems at hand.  I dedicated the song, "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Bryan Adams to these people.  To me they were the idealistic couple, never fought, always went out to dinner (date night), lived in a beautiful home, had a dog, one child, had lots of friends.  Was it all a lie?  I remember thinking myself, how am I going to find a love like that?
My parents not a movie introduced me to "Fake Love" because all Chuck talks about was in my house, I learned from it!  My dad could not stand my mom!  There is no perfect person or life, it is what you make of it.  Sometimes you do fall in love with your best friend, sometimes the stereotypes are broken, and some days you laugh and some days you argue, but I know it is not based on someone else's life, or someone else's indifference because their love life sucks!  I own my happy ending by setting realistic goals, compromising, and loving the faults just as much as the good stuff.  But in my eyes REALITY isn't bad!!!  I like the life I built....

1 comment:

  1. I do believe you can have that fairy tale life but people have to realize it isn't always going to be perfect. Too many people I know bolt the second it gets hard or find someone else to fill the void of what is missing in their life. Life is work and the fairy tale is going to be work also but it can be done. Life is what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete