I am talking seeing what can help people, and making a difference in society. Noticing that there is a decline in self esteem in women and children and pointing it out blatantly and saying, "This needs to Change." Dove has done a wonderful job allowing women to accept and love themselves exactly as they are. My daughter looked at a Victoria Secret magazine, and found the women unnatural, she claimed "they need to eat mom," I was so proud that she did not compare herself, or felt no need to pick herself apart. She was proud of her athletic build; she is a Rower and goes "I'm ripped."
The same goes for smoking we as a nation are at an all time low, because of Popular Culture and awareness. The Cowboy may of changed the persona, but Culture changed how we as society see smoking. It is no longer cool, it is dirty, smelly and disgusting. Maybe that is an opinion, but it seems to be a popular opinion.
Popular Culture has an ethical and moral side which I was glad to see, they care about today and tomorrow. Popular Culture has a place in society, beyond fashion, and the Perez Hilton of gossip, Popular Culture found a purpose beyond Kim Kardashian's plunging neck line, and I love it! I found it ironic it even has conservative and liberal opinions. But then again doesn't everything have a right and wrong side?
I am glad your daughter his happy with they way she looks because I am the same way. I am an athlete and sometimes even look buffer than some guys which can be embarrassing. My parents always tell me that you are perfect the way you are and I think a lot of people need to know that.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment, I am happy you are proud the way you look and that your parents reminded you of your beauty. Parents need to step up more often and remind children of their beauty and remove the stigma of the word. Beauty does come in all forms. Your parents sound like they believe reminding our children they are perfect no matter what would lead to better self acceptance. I laugh every time my daughter can do more pull-ups than the boys in her class, yet she will have on a skirt , tights, and heeled boots. Reminding her that her athletic shape was a gift from God not a mistake, it is what sets her aside making her stronger in ways a waif is not. It is one of the qualities that make her beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeauty is a combination of qualities that pleases the senses, we as a society forget who they are as a person is the most important quality and place too much value on the aesthetics. Something that diminishes in time, so their needs to be an inner beauty to outlast the superficial.