So let's put the card on the table, people act like there is only a stereotype for black people and that is nothing but a falsehood. Last I saw I have never seen a black man living in a trailer park, or ever heard a black man called trailer trash. I have never seen a black man called a Redneck or a Cracker, but we have all heard a white boy called a wannabe *igger. You can not let socioeconomic class use racism and slavery as an excuse for failings.
Brad Paisley and LL Cool J tried to mend our racial tension with a song "Accidental Racist" that stirred up controversy, for reasons I do not fully understand. It was not our generation that induced slavery so why are we still paying for their mistakes. If those chips on the shoulder or anger persist generation to generation then that is cultural or socioeconomic. I do not raise my children to look at skin color or to think any one skin color will treat them any better or worse than another, so why does this hatred and racial lines still exist?
I think the lines still exist because some blacks still throw dirt in our face, remember what your people did to us 150 years ago, well take a look at your ancestors originating Country and see what you do to your own people still to this day. Slavery is still in effect in Africa and I don't see the outrage, I see it displaced in this nation. Where if anywhere we should stand together helping the fellow man.
Our job is to teach our children you can achieve anything with hard work and determination. Not we deserve because of what was done to us 150 years ago, or he don't like me because he got a rebel flag on his shirt; "But I see that red flag and I think you wish I wasn't here." No it's just a Damn shirt! There should be a drive to be educated, not a label of he's trying to be white. We are not putting a label on "breaking the cycle" African Americans are.
The past is the past, it is our job as the future generations to move forward and teach history but not anger or hate because of it. Slavery still exists in Africa not here in America so we need to move forward not backwards, like the song states, "it aint like you and me can rewrite history." If you think you can not achieve something because you were once slaves and the white man is still holding you back. Then you have been educated to feel that way because no one is holding you back. Only in America do you have the ability to have your own opinions, speak them as you wish, and become anything you desire. Let bygones be bygones.
Even as your president Mr. Obama said. “Growing up, I made a few myself. Sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down.” He acknowledges he was wrong, his failings were his failings noone elses, and I am not a fan of his but he speaks about responsibilities across all nationalities. Because success is success, failure is failure, and excuses are excuses no matter what your history is.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/19/obama-black-graduates-dont-use-racism-excuse/#ixzz2jndQqaY0
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
I agree that we should teach children not to look at people and judge them based on their skin color. I also like how you said our job is to teach our children you can achieve anything with hard work and determination because I also agree with that. I also like how you said the job of the future generations is to teach history but not anger or hate because of it because I also agree with that.
ReplyDelete