Sunday, September 15, 2013
Did we have to go there???
Jean Kilbourne's documentary "Killing us Softly 4" would agree, this Alcohol ad is using the female image in an objective manner. This ad is marketed towards men using the imagery of the female breast. The ad reinforces; sex is used to sell and anything can be made to appear like a breast. It shows the sexualization of women. She proves her theory breasts are used to sell everything, even though we are doing nothing but objectifying women and telling our kids this is the standard. No wonder breast augmentation is the #1 cosmetic surgery performed on females each year, because that sure as hell is not an A cup! When is the next wine advertisement going to objectify a penis?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you on this ad. When I first saw this, immediately I thought it was a woman's breast. You also make a good point that not only this ad is selling beer, but it is selling sex. It is ridiculous that the companies can't think of another way to sell their product. I can't believe this country has gotten this far in advertisement.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw this ad my first thought was that the hand looks really young. It doesn't look like the hand of a grown person reaching for the beer glass.
ReplyDelete